Are you arriving to re-lash appointments with retention results like hers? If not, take a moment to review your aftercare instructions. Are your makeup or skincare products interfering? Sometimes, applying products in a different way can make a big difference. Sometimes, certain products should be completely avoided and replaced with products specifically formulated for your extensions. When in doubt, bring your products to your re-lash appointment! That in itself can alleviate a lot of guesswork or frustration.
Here are a few lash maintenance tips we've learned over the years:
1. Allow your adhesive to really cure. Schedule appointments on day-off gym days. Receive facials or spray tans prior to lashes.
2. Gently cleanse your lashes daily with your brand's approved lash cleanser-- and be sure to rinse!
3. Use the wiping method (wash cloth) for facial cleanser removal, as opposed to the splashing method.
4. Consider switching from an oily eye cream to an extensions approved Total Eye Repair Serum. Hyaluronic Acid binds 1,000 times its weight in moisture as opposed to oils which merely condition the skin. Bonus, it works beautifully as a makeup primer and may be used on the entire face!
5. Avoid coconut oil as a facial moisturizer at all costs. Don't listen to Pinterest!